Lovely cake from Smiley: Win this.
What’s a birthday if you don’t have a cake? This year I got a total of 5 birthday cakes from family, friends and followers, those cakes were among the best that I have tasted. I think there was pressure for them to find me yummy cake. hehehe! For my 4th bithday give away. I am giving away this lovely cake by my good friend Smiley Bernardo.
So how did I discover Smiley? Smiley and I are classmate on our birthing class with Miss Rome Kanapi. After giving birth we became good friends. We constantly check on each other. Swap motherhood stories and exchange recipes. One time Smiley, just discovered the love for making fondant. She took classes. practiced. and now she bake and makes all my fondant cakes & cupcakes orders.
This was the first cake she made from me for my son’s birthday, Best day ever Spongebob!
Yes! I don’t make fondant cakes. Why? I find it dirty, how? because how you make fondant is the same way you mold a clay. get the picture?? So, why am I ordering? because its beautiful. It’s a party piece. it’s art! But when I do order fondant cake I make sure I order from someone I know who is clean. And that I can assure you, that Smiley makes the cake by herself. Just her. And knowing her, I know it’s clean! You can quote me on that.
Here are some of Smiley’s cake I have commissioned her to do for me.
Saffron’s 3rd birthday cake Spongebob
This was her gift to me, for my last year birthday (note: sample only)
This was the actual cake she sent me. She wasn’t happy with the first so she made it extra special for me.
Our Smurfs project for Little Harper.
Smurfs cupcake toppers
And when Saffron turned 4 we asked Auntie Smiley for TMNT cake. She nailed it!!!!
When it was Baba (Chef Jon) and his friend Harry and Jovi’s birthday we asked her to make Beatles Cake! Again she nailed it!!!!
The happy celebrants.
Then came the Twins 1st Birthday. I asked her to make me Little Twin Star Cakes.
The cakes on our dessert buffet.
When it was nephew Tristan’s turn he wanted NinjaGo and LEGO.
And the most challenging cake by far that I had asked her to do was a cake for my Saffron. A Godzilla Cake.
This was the peg. A 1968 Godzilla
This was the end cake.
And this is what we have to say about the Godzilla Cake.
Going back. I am giving away this lovely cake (check the last photo).
Here’s the mechanics:
- Follow @smileybernardo and @mamachows via instagram
- Go to @smilebernardo, repost a cake that you like with a short message why you like it and tag @smilebernardo and @mamachows to be counted. Use the hashtag #mamachowsbirthdayblowout
- Repost as many cakes that you like from @smilebernardo for more chances of winning. Be sure your account is public.
- Leave comment via mamachows.com/blog with your email add.
- This will run until Oct 14, 2015. Winner can have the cake customized for wordings only.
- Winner will be notify thru Instagram and cake is for pick-up only on Oct 17, 2015 (saturday) at Katipunan qc area.